Wednesday, October 27, 2010

She's a chunky monkey...

That's right. I will never call her that, of course, once she is old enough to understand. But right now, Little Miss is a chunky monkey. When we had our ultrasound last month, the pictures of her heart weren't adequate. Since her heart is of the greatest importance, we went back today for more. This also meant that I got another round of 4D pictures. We got great pictures of all her important parts today, including confirmation that she is, indeed, a she. She was incredibly active, moving constantly. At one point, we visible saw my stomach move from where she was doing her morning jazzercise routine.

Despite all that exercise, sweet pea is a chunky monkey. She weighed 1 lb 3 oz, which doesn't seem like much, but she's about a week ahead. I'm 22 weeks and 3 days, and she is measuring closer to 23 weeks and 3 days. The nurse said it was genetic - that if Kyle and I were big babies, then she was likely to be a big baby. Not what I wanted to hear. This girl...8 lbs 15 oz. That's right. The idea of a 9 lb baby makes me a little nervous, but hey, it just means she will fill out her Juicy Couture bloomers. Here are two pictures from our appointment this morning. We've decided that she has my nose and Kyle's mouth. If she had my mouth, there would be no way to tell that she had lips. She still has a lot of growing to do, though.

How weird is the top of her little head?! Since she is still pretty new, the bones at the top of her head haven't fused yet.  My girl likes to have her mouth in front of her face. She kept it there almost the whole time. She stretched once, but it went right back into place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment