Thursday, November 4, 2010

Batten down the hatches...

It has started. I was so proud of myself, and now, it's over. The streak has ended.

People kept asking me how I was doing "emotionally" during my pregnancy, i.e. mood swings, fits, etc. I was proud to report that I was doing just fine. Naturally, I'm a pretty emotional person, but even considering that, I've been incredibly even-tempered. No crying. No fits. No crying fits. Yeah...well...

Batten down the hatches, boys. Thar she blows.

That comment is also appropriate because it was written in reference to...all together now...a whale. And what am I if not a whale?  I can answer that for you...

A blob. An emotional blob. I've cried for the last three days. Sometimes with a purpose, sometimes without. I put a hole in Kyle's car door. That was a reason to cry. (Basically, when I was getting out of his car, I was in a big hurry because it was raining. I didn't notice that my seatbelt didn't go into place, so when I slammed the door shut behind me, the metal part of the seatbelt was sticking out in the perfect position and actually punctured the inside of the door. Yep. Made a nice hole in the Lexus. Let the sobbing commence.) I then cried EVERY time I recounted the story. The recounting was done twice because someone asked why I was crying, and that made me cry more.

Later, my sister asked me on the phone if everything was okay because I wasn't upbeat. Immediately, tears. Then sobbing. While driving. I later cried because my favorite winter coat wouldn't button. I cried because Kyle refuses, absolutely REFUSES, to do maternity pictures with me. Then I cried while trying to explain that the reason I was upset was because all of my pictures would look like I was an unwed expectant mother. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I would just like to have my husband in a few of them, but the other option is to not have any at all, which isn't really an option for me. Then I cried and had a meltdown because someone asked me what daycare we had decided on, and we still haven't toured any of them. We're going next week, but that was prompted by my meltdown. I cried because I hadn't folded the towels yet. I cried because I couldn't figure out what to have for dinner. And remember, this is just since Tuesday. Today is only Thursday. How does my emotional rollercoaster affect (no, not effect...I checked my AP Stylebook) my child, you might ask...

It's not. I'm pretty sure she's hanging out in there, doing her jazzercise, thinking, "This chick is CRA-zy. How did I end up with her?" Other than that, she is doing well. Doctor appointment on Wednesday confirmed that. Her heartrate was 160 bpm, which is a little higher, but the doctor said it's because she won't quit moving. Even right now, as I type, she's doing Zumba in there. Pretty fabulous. I think she's trying to remind me that I don't have anything to cry about, which I'm thankful for:)

No comments:

Post a Comment