Monday, October 18, 2010

I can explain...

I suck. I know, and I'm sorry. It's been two weeks since my last post, which I promised myself I wouldn't do. But to be completely honest, I didn't really have anything new to write about. I'm in that stage where things are just consistent, nothing really changing except my circumference. Which is also why I haven't written anything - because I've been a bit negative lately. And I didn't want this to be painful to read. It's supposed to be fun, right?

See, it all started when a volunteer at work leaned over to a colleague of mine and said, in reference to me, "She's having a girl." The colleague said, "How do you know?" The volunteer said, "Because she's round all over." Knife. Heart. Plunge. I've always known it would happen, but a sweet lady telling someone else, while standing in front of you, that you're round all over doesn't do a lot for your self esteem. Don't get me wrong. My mother-in-law took me to A Pea in the Pod, so I'm totally rocking this pregnancy thing, and the clothes have made me a lot more confident in my growing self, but it still got me where it hurts.

Writing posts after that was therapeutic, but I couldn't publish any of them. They were all about the things that make pregnancy less than glamorous, and sometimes, just downright difficult. I told myself if was okay to write about those things because I had made a vow to be honest. But there's a difference between venting because you're a little down on your appearance and being honest. So I wrote and deleted probably six different posts. After that, I decided to stop trying for a few days and just wait. It wasn't perspective I needed, because I know how fortunate and blessed I am, but it never hurts to step back and take a minute to think.

So now, instead of talking about those things, or trying to create something to talk about related to pregnancy, I'm going to tell you about the two awesome things that happened over the last four days that I know are really only exciting to me.

#1 - I bought Wrestlemania tickets before they go on sale! It's in Atlanta in April, and it's a pretty big deal in the WWE world. That's right. This girl. And you thought you knew me:) Kyle and I are taking my Dad, but he won't know until Christmas. Since he doesn't know how to work a computer, I'm not worried about him finding out. Gretel will make her debut in February/March, so this may be my first big girl outing.

#2 - I got a new car! It's a bright red 2010 Mercedes C300, and it's B.E.A.utiful. I put a picture of its hotness below. And more importantly, it's super safe, so Gretel will have no worries. It has the safest record in its class, and it has plenty of room for Gretel in the back. I will also still have bluetooth in the car so that I can drive with both hands, and (new for me!) it also has iPod integration, which means my iPod can be controlled via my steering wheel controls or the little spin wheel that operates my screen. This means that I won't be looking down at my iPod to shuffle through my songs, which means a big WIN for me. I'm a little sad about saying good-bye to the Acura, but my lease was up in January, and a new baby meant it was time to purchase instead of lease again. The Acura was a good car - my first brand new one and the first one I paid for - so it's special to me. But if the last 5 months have been any indication, things change...usually for the better:)



No comments:

Post a Comment