Thursday, September 30, 2010

It starts...

The shopping has begun. I knew online shopping wasn't going to be nearly as fun, so I knew that a trip was in order. Thankfully, I live in Atlanta, where everything is available. However, I live in the suburbs of Atlanta, so not everything is open very late.


Kyle and I both had to work late yesterday, so we weren't both home until after 8 p.m. The BabyGap next to my house closed at...you guessed it...8 p.m. The Babies R Us, however, was open until 9 p.m. It was 8:40 by the time we got there, but that 20 minutes was all the time I needed to buy my girl a few comfy things. I thought I would go straight to the frilly outfits, but I was drawn to the colorful, soft things with cute prints. I'm a sucker for hearts and polka dots. Plus, I needed more than 20 minutes to fully evaluate the frills they had. Those may be best left to full Saturdays at the mall. We got mostly 0-3 months, but the outfit with the grey jacket is 9-12 months, and the cargo parts are 12 months. I was wearing cargo pants almost identical to these, so when I saw them, she had to have them.


I try to keep this blog cheese-free, but I have to tell you that shopping for her was unreal. She has always been a real person to me, but she became even more real in those 20 minutes. I'm bursting at the seams with love and excitement. Okay. That is all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment