Friday, December 17, 2010

So close...

I was so close. I thought I would make it, but alas, it didn't work out that way. I have focused on trying to not get sick during my pregnancy, but I didn't make it. I know many more people have many more problems than getting a ferocious cold, but many of those problems can't be helped. Not getting sick for 9 months is possible, but I couldn't manage. I even got a stinkin flu shot, but alas, I'm at home instead of at work. And of course, when I left yesterday, everything was fine. But as it goes, things unraveled, and I am now completely unloading an entire day's work on top of someone who is awesome, doesn't deserve it and didn't plan on it. So I'm now screwing up not only my day, but someone else's as well.

On top of not being able to breathe and coughing up green stuff all day long, I've had a migraine for four days. I can't get rid of it because I can't quit coughing. The one thing I'm supposed to do is rest, but as other moms-to-be know, sleep isn't easy to get. Add to that a four-hour car ride I have to take this afternoon for the first round of family Christmas festivities, and you've got a less-than-stellar pregnant woman. Crud is not a good look for me...even when I'm in pink.

Good grief. I complain a lot. So let me follow that up to say how grateful I am for how well Ella has done the last 30 weeks. Only 10 more weeks to go, and she will grace us with her stellar presence. I am so thankful to have family and friends around me who are supportive and as excited as we are, and I'm grateful to work with a few amazing people who tell me to put baby and me first. This handful of people know that I'm struggling with not always being a rockstar right now, and I'm especially thankful for their support. That's it for today. I'm starting to get teary-eyed, and my nose and head can't take it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment