Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Happy Half-Birthday, Ella!

It was nearly a month ago (I've been very bad about blogging, I realize), but we celebrated Ella's half-birthday. She turned 6 months old on July 26, and we had a LOT to celebrate, so I wanted to do something fun.

It was about two weeks after my second surgery, so I wasn't 100%, but I felt like I had already missed so much, I didn't want to miss another opportunity to celebrate my beautiful baby girl. I made her a sign, and my sister and brother-in-law decorated in the dining room. And then we were just missing party guests, and although it was last minute, all of her "friends" were able to make it. Big Bird and Elmer even donned party hats for the special occasion. Ella was less than enthused. But she did take to the party horns and hats quickly. She enjoyed chewing on them, so we had to keep an eye on her whenever she got hold of one.

I think the party girl had a good time:) We didn't party for too long, and then I had to rest for a good bit afterward. It was the most I had done since before my first surgery, so it took a little out of me. But it was worth it. Here are some pictures from her "party!"




No comments:

Post a Comment